2013 Scag 48" Cheetah with Kohler 25CV Engine
The Scag Cheetah is the most comfortable cat in the Scag family. Clocking in at speeds up to 10.5 mph and featuring a coil-over shock suspension system, the Cheetah is truly a remarkable zero-turn mower.
The Operator Suspension System isolates the entire operator platform via a coil-over shock and provides additional comfort via rubber iso-mounts. This innovative, adjustable system soaks up the bumps and keeps things simple with only three moving parts. Simple and highly effective.
The ZT-3400 hydraulic transaxles deliver smooth and positive drive performance. The large 10 gallon fuel capacity (dual tanks) keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, to the various high-power engine options, there's a Cheetah that will increase your productivity and leave your competition in the dust!
Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today. The Cheetah is pure Scag quality with fast ground speeds, a soft ride and a cut that is "Simply the Best." The Scag Cheetah equals productivity.
- Operator Suspension System
- 48" Velocity Plus cutter deck
- Dual, ZT-3400 Hydro-Gear Transaxles (single speed)
- Up to 10.5 MPH ground speed for more productivity
- 10 gallon fuel capacity (dual tanks)
- Adjustable, foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- High-quality Gabriel coil-over shock absorber
- Up to 250 ft. lb. PTO Clutch Brake
- Tubular steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- Operator Suspension System isolates the operator platform via a Gabriel® coil-over shock and rubber iso-mounts. The entire operator platform (seat, controls, foot plate) are suspended to deliver a smooth ride, with only three moving parts. The seat is further isolated via rubber mounts to absorb side to side motion. 3-position deck lift foot pedal lets the operator put the pedal in a more comfortable position. Adjustable, large diameter, padded steering levers.
- Up to 10.5 MPH ground speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Dual HydroGear ZT-3400 transaxles deliver smooth yet powerful performance. ZT-3400 transaxles feature 12cc pumps and 16cc motors. Dual cooling fans keep the 5 qt. oil system running at optimum temperatures for top performance and long system life.
- Dual fuel tanks, 10 gallon total capacity keep you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long. Fuel tanks are positioned low, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability. Fuel gauges visible from the operators point of view.
- Tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 delivers up to 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other brands of electric clutch do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Cheetahs. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1.5" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- Foot pedal parking brake allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off of the steering levers. Once stopped, the steering levers can be put into neutral lock and the park lock lever can be activated, holding the mower in place. AUSCO disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style design for maximum holding power.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- The gas-charged steering dampeners have three mounting positions (requires tools) to customize the resistance on the steering levers.
- Custom, mid-back, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Cheetah. Seat can be adjusted forward and backwards.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience. The low-hinge point ROPS design folds down and out of the way when traveling under trees or low overhangs.
- Extra large 23 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6 caster tires ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
- The front caster extension is replaceable in the event of damage from an impact.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Flip-up footplate panel for access to center blade spindle, blade bolt and the top of the cutter deck.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located in the instrument panel.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear hood and access panels require no tools to swing out of the way for access.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hourmeter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories for the Cheetah like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Engine Options: Kohler 25CV air-cooled
- Fuel Capacity/Design: 10 gallons, dual fuel tanks. Extra-large, angled filler neck for easy filling.
- Travel Control: Twin lever steering controls with gas dampers for smooth, precise maneuverability. Adjustable damper positions.
- Ground Speed: 10.5 mph forward, 5 mph reverse
- Main Frame Construction: Double tube, steel frame, full-length, fully-welded
- Drive Tires: 23 x 9.5 - 12, 4 ply
- Caster Tires: 13 x 6.5 - 6, 4 ply; Flat-Free, semi-pneumatic
- Caster Wheel Bearings: Tapered roller bearings
- Front Caster Arm Design: Bolt-on for easy replacement if necessary
- Drive System: Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 integrated transaxles (2 separate units) with charge pumps and spin-on oil filters
- Hydraulic Oil Filter: 40 micron internal filter
- Electrical System: 12 Volt battery, 350 cca. Alternator, 20 amp charging. Solenoid shift starter.
- Belts: Kevlar cord. Self-adjusting, spring-loaded, self-tightening
- Drive/Load Pulleys: Split-steel design -- stronger and lighter weight than cast-iron
- Instrument Panel: Ammeter, key switch, throttle, manual choke, BBC switch, digital SmartSense hour meter
- Operator Suspension System: Isolates the entire operator station from the effects of rough terrain; Coil-over shock provides effective suspension action right where it's needed, and only where it's needed for a smooth ride; Thick-cushioned, bolstered seat, fully adjustable, with adjustable, folding arm rests; 3-Position adjustable deck lift foot pedal allows for easy deck lift for all operators
- PTO - Electric Clutch: Ogura GT3.5 - 250 ft lb; adjustable air-gap
- Cutter Decks: 48 in. Velocity Plus deck. Floating, adjustable, anti-scalping design.
- Cutter Deck Construction: Tri-Plate, welded: 7-gauge top, 7 gauge skirts, 10 gauge & 11 gauge reinforcement plates.
- Cutter Deck Drive: Belt-driven -- straight alignment for increased reliability & longevity
- Number of Anti-Scalp Wheels: 3 wheels in 3 positions
- Cutter Deck Spindles: Scag Heavy-Duty Spindles w/cast-iron housing & tapered roller bearings, backed by 3-year limited warranty
- Cutter Deck Height Adjustment: Foot pedal lift (3-position adjustable) with self-locking mechanism at transport position
- Cutting Range: 1.5 in. to 5 in. in 1/4 in. increments
- Number of Cutter Blades: 3 Marbain blades
- Total Length: 81.75 in.
- Total Width (with discharge chute in mowing position): 61.25 in.
- Total Width (with discharge chute in transport position): 49.75 in.
- Height (with ROPS): 67 in.
- Height (with ROPS folded): 48 in.
- Weight (with ROPS): 1075 lb.
- Warranty: 2 Yr. Commercial Mower Warranty—Parts & labor; 3 Yr. / 500 Hour Non-Commercial Mower Warranty—Parts & labor. 3 Yr. Deck Warranty—First & second years parts & labor; third year parts. 3 Yr. Spindle Warranty—First & second years parts & labor; third year parts. 2 Yr. Engine Warranty—Minimum two-year warranty covered directly through the individual engine manufacturer.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- 25CV air-cooled
- Dual HydroGear ZT-3400 Transaxles
- Wheel Size
- Drive Tires: 23 x 9.5 - 12, 4 ply; Caster Tires: 13 x 6.5 - 6, 4 ply; Flat-Free, semi-pneumatic
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 gal.
- Deck Size
- 48 in.
- Discharge Type
- Standard: Side